The studio formerly known as Irrational Games is looking for a Senior Level Builder. In this role, you will be helping to craft and create our worlds. You will need to combine a strong aesthetic sense in creating visually interesting spaces with an understanding of level design.
- Layout, build and light levels from initial block out to final polish in Unreal 4.
- Tell deep and meaningful stories within the environment.
- Work with Art Team to ensure artistic unity with the entire project.
- Work with the Design Team and the Lead Environment Artist to make gameplay and Levels function harmoniously.
- Collaborate in the planning of project environments.
- Sketch/Model/Concept ideas for 3D environments.
- Excel at consistent aesthetic and technical quality in all environments.
- Prototype rough level layouts quickly and efficiently.
- Level Streaming setup and implementation.
- Optimize Levels for performance and memory.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years’ experience in the game industry with at least 2 shipped AAA titles.
- Experienced in modular level construction and lighting/atmosphere.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience, including terrain/landscape editing.
- Advanced understanding of Physically Based Shading materials and lighting.
- Able to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process.
- Quickly learn and adapt to art and production pipelines.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and willing to relocate to Boston.
- Experience in First Person Shooters and semi-open (e.g. Borderlands/Shadows of Mordor) or open world game.
- Strong foundational skills including composition, design, and color theory.
- Self-motivated, ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Passion for narrative First Person Shooters a plus.
- Understanding of source control via Perforce or equivalent.
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.) a plus.
- Understanding of procedural art systems in games.
- Experience working with outsourcing a plus.
- Architectural knowledge.
When Applying For This Position:
- Please watch the following GDC talk given by Ken Levine: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1020434/Narrative
- Strong portfolio showcasing your most recent work, must be submitted with resume.