The studio formerly known as Irrational Games is looking for a temporary embedded QA Tester. In this role, you will support and validate the development of our next title, which can include testing around game development tools and pipelines.
- Review design specs to create accurate test cases and test plans around features
- Accurately execute all assigned test cases
- Provide in engine unit and integration tests for features and systems
- Enter detailed, but concise, bugs into the bug database
- Regress fixed bugs on each release as needed
- Provide qualitative assessments on the title’s playability upon request
- Able to prioritize workload according to the projects direction and milestones
- Reproduce issues for programmers and designers as needed
- Work closely with other QA members and development team to accomplish goals.
- Coordinate with our outsource QA team for post integration testing
- Technically proficient with PC and gaming consoles
- Familiar with Unreal 4
- Experience with Windows, MS Office products, and Database software
What We’re Looking For:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18 years and above
- 1+ year of QA experience, preferably in a development studio environment
- Basic understanding of source control
- Ability to learn new toolsets quickly
- Understand the benefits and uses of automation
- Ability to test both 3D games repeatedly, while listening and looking for bugs
- A positive attitude with the ability to work in a team environment
- Reliable, and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts
- Capable of working any mandatory overtime; which can occur during the work week, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
- Strong team communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and willing to relocate to Boston.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
When Applying For This Position:
- Please watch the following GDC talk given by Ken Levine: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1020434/Narrative