Irrational Games is looking for programmers at all experience levels to join our tech and gameplay teams on BioShock Infinite. Whether you are a grizzled veteran of the video game wars or have only one game under your belt, if you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you.
Our programmers build the systems and tools that our content creators will use to create the amazing game experiences that Irrational Games is known for. They need great communication skills, a passion for building games, and the ability to work in as many different technical areas (physics, audio, graphics, animation, AI, optimization, multithreading, SPU programming, networking, etc.) as it takes to “make things happen”.
If you join our team, you will be responsible for:
- One or more major areas of the game software, and/or multiple systems
- Working closely with the content creators to help them achieve their goals
- Working with your manager to generate technical designs and schedules
- Writing, documenting and testing the code that you design
- Supervising junior or mid-level programmers (if applicable)
Required Experience and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of C/C++
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working primarily on any of the following: Gameplay, Real-Time Graphics, AI, Audio, Physics, Optimization, SPU Programming, Multiplayer Networking, or Tools
- One or more shipped game titles
- Experience with recent game console technology (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii), especially PS3
- Experience with Unreal Engine technology
When Applying for this Position:
- Only applications with salary requirements will be considered.
- Please let us know how you heard that we were hiring.