Award-winning studio Irrational Games, best known for its BioShock franchise, is looking for a talented Audio Programmer. The Audio Programmer will work closely with the Audio Department to create cutting-edge features as well as audio pipeline tools. We are particularly interested in programmers who not only have technical skills but also a passion for audio and how it can impact the overall player experience.
- Working with the audio-content creators to determine the best approach to implementing audio-system tasks.
- Designing effective audio/music/VO tools for content creators.
- Coordinating with the leads and other programmers on scheduling and implementation concerns.
- Generating design, planning, and technical-specification documents for assigned tasks.
- Implementing audio systems according to schedule.
- Working with the Audio Lead and Sound Designers to refine and polish the audio, music, and narrative experience.
- Working with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner.
- 5+ years of experience as an Audio, Gameplay, or Tools Programmer.
- Excellent communication skills and interest in working with the Audio Department in a cooperative team environment.
- Excellent understanding of C/C++ and OO design principles.
- Excellent understanding of audio middleware and dynamic music systems.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
- Interest in pushing the limits of audio development and technology.
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine.
- Experience with procedural audio techniques (e.g., custom DSP filters, ray-traced reverb).
- Experience with Sound Propagation and Obstruction systems.
- 3 or more shipped PC or console game titles, FPS or RPG titles preferred.
- Experience developing for game consoles and PC.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in computer science or related engineering field.